AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking about getting Paradigm studio 100's for front speakers. Get either paradigm cc-590-, or cc-690 for center channel. Keep left and right surround, and left and right rear surround speakers, for now. Have polk audio rtia3 for left, and right surround. Polk audio fxia4 for left and right, rear surround. Fxia4 are bipole, dipole design.Eventually replace surrounds, can't replace all of the speakers, at once, due to budget. How will it sound, with mixed speakers? Notice much of a difference? Mainly watch movies. If i listen to music, usually use 2 channel. What is the percentage of sound, coming out front three speakers, verus surround, and rear surround speakers, during a movie? Really appreciate your advice, wisdom, and suggestions.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
The conventional wisdom is to use Matched speakers for the LCR and it looks like you have that covered with your Paradigm selections (good choice - I've heard rave reviews on the Studio 100's) Movie soundtracks throw 75-85% of the content to the center channel, the surrounds and rears receive a relatively small amount of content. I've mixed & matched rears/surrounds to my own Paradigm LCR's and never really noticed any problems.

I think you'll be fine - but as always your ears in your room will be the best judge of the results.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.