AVS Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this is last minute, but I need 1000ft of speaker wire by Friday. I went to Home Depot and Lowes. I need in wall rated 14/2. HD and Lowes only have 12/2 or 16/2.

Where can I get speaker wire fast and not pay $75 for shipping!

·
Registered
856 Posts
You may have to pay $75 for shipping...
Try monoprice, blue jenas cable, or parts express...get it overnighted.

·
Registered
16 Posts
You can also try pacific cable.

You may just want to go back to HD and pick up the 12 gauge because shipping 1000 ft of wire and upgrading it to something like 2nd day may end up costing more than the price difference of 12 and 14 awg.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Try another Home Depot close to you. If you live close to a large city some stores are called superstores or contractor supply stores. Also your local store can transfer it in from another store. I work at a Home Depot and know most stores stock it in 500.foot coils.

Dick.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
The Home Depot will likely have electrical circuit wire that will serve just as well IMO. You can get 14/2 with ground for $47 for a 250 ft roll (southwire "roamex"). It's in-wall rated, and given that it can be used for a 20A distribution circuit, it's likely to handle whatever power you throw at it from your amplifier :)

·
Registered
308 Posts
Any updates on this?

I really would like to know if nz9p29 got his cable on time...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.