AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My pre-pro has a 12V trigger on it. My amp does not have a 12V trigger input.

Is there a triggered plug that I can buy that will plug into the wall outlet and that I can plug the amp into and then trigger it with the 12V output from the pre-pro?

Thanks.

·
Registered
139 Posts
not that I know of.

Some Power conditioners like the Monster Power HTS-3500 have 12v input triggers which will turn on and off switch outlets.

Thats sounds like your best option.

·
Registered
271 Posts
How about just making one yourself? A very simple way would be to by a large 12 volt relay and connect it inline with the amp, assuming it could handle the draw of the amp.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Yeah, what cipher said.

I modified a Furman PL-Plus (a 15 amp power conditioner) with a relay from Radio Shack. I don't remember the part number, but it has a 12VDC winding and 15amp at 120VAC rated contacts in a DPDT configuration. I just used the fixed and make contacts and wired them in parallel with the Furmans On/Off switch. The Furman switch switches both hot and neutral. This maintains the power conditioning circuitry. I also used the plug-in adaptor (also from Radio Shack) so the relay can be changed out easily if needed. I then ran a cord out the back, through a hole I drilled, with an 1/8 inch plug on it that is wired across the relay's winding. Also wired across the relay's winding is a 12 volt LED I mounted to the front of the Furman to indicate the unit is on from the 12 volt source. When the 12 volt source turns on the Furman, the Furman's power on indicator also lights. I drilled 2 holes in the bottom of the unit and hold the relay in place with a cable tie going through the holes. The relay is mounted behind the Furman's volt meter, between the 2 light tubes.

I have been using this for about 6 months without failure.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.