AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the life of me I cannot get 3D playback to work properly on my HTPC. Here's what I have:

HTPC using TMT3 with 3D plugin and ATI 6850 video card.

Connected via HDMI 1.4 to Pioneer 1120 3D enabled receiver.

The receiver connected to a Panasonic 58VT25 3D ready TV via HDMI 1.4 cable.

So on paper this should work. I'm trying to playback cloudy with a chance of meatballs on 3D Blu-ray. With certain settings I get a black screen and loss of signal to my TV when I hit play. Other settings I get what looks like a slight 3D picture but with the glasses on I don't really see the 3D. Is there a setup guide somewhere for the correct TMT3 3D settings to use with a Panasonic 3D TV? Could some of you share your settings so I can try them.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I connected the TV directly to the HTPC and now I'm getting what looks to be 3D. So I guess there may be an issue with my Pioneer receiver passing the signal through. I'll have to track that one down.

·
Premium Member
5,390 Posts
 http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownloa...tion&rev=10.10

Note! AMD Catalyst™ 10.11 does not provide support for the AMD Radeon™ HD 68xx series of graphics cards. Full support for these graphics cards is targeted to be available in the AMD Catalyst 10.12 driver release.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same problem (just different TV), so I'll post here instead of creating a new thread.

I've now managed to try EVERYTHING I can come to think of. Even unorthodox methods, as in registry hacking - which clearly should not have to be assorted to in order to get this working on a consumer product!

My situation is the following:

Hardware

---------

TV: Samsung UE65C8705 (LCD LED 3D HDTV, 200hz with 'HDMI 1.4 with 3D') (Can't link sorry samsung.com/se/consumer/tv-home-theatre/tv/led-tv/UE65C8705XWXXE/index.idx?pagetype=prd_detail&tab=specification (can only find the model on the Swedish website))

Graphics card: Gigabyte AMD Radeon 6850 with HDMI 1.4a (GV-R685D5-1GD) ( gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=3614#ov )

The CPU should be sufficient (AMD Phenom II X6 1090T Black Edition 3,2GHz @ 3,8GHz (even tried standard clock speeds)).

The Blu-Ray player plays 2x Blu-Ray. (I've tried a ripped ISO (50 GB) as well)

4GB Dual Channel RAM @ 1800 MHz.

Wiring

------

The wiring is directly to the TV with a 'HDMI 1.4 High Speed with Ethernet' cable. The sound is going through the HDMI cable as well with Realteks HDMI output for ATI(now AMD) cards.

I've tried HDMI 1 (DVI), HDMI 2 (ARC) and HDMI 3 as TV inputs.

The computer passes PowerDVD's as well as TMT: s Blu-Ray 3D advisor.

I'm going to try to take this in chronological order.

This was a fresh system install (and build actually :)), so started out with AMD Catalyst 10.12.

I then installed iz3D display drivers using custom installation making sure that the ATI driver was selected as well.

After that, PowerDVD 10 Ultra Mark II with 3D still rendered useless for 3D Blu-Ray's saying that the 'Blu-Ray player is not 3D compatible, will start 2D playback' (message came from the Blu-Ray disk).

TMT 5 (trial) crashed upon attempt of playback, but only after sending a signal to the TV making it automatically switch to 3D-mode for a second (so something was going right)!

I laborated with different resolutions ([email protected], [email protected] as well as [email protected]). No difference what so ever, although when TMT crashed after attempted playback and the TV briefly switched to 3D-mode - the resolution ended up being [email protected] without my intervention.

After that fiasco I uninstalled display drivers (all of them) and installed 10.10 driver, no go, then hot fix for 10.10.

From forums.amd.com/game/messageview.cfm?catid=279&threadid=141259 over at AMD: s website I learned to check registry values.

I've added and verified that the "DalForceStereoSupport" is set to one everywhere the key exists.

I've also tried the following tip by user: serj_zoti from the same thread, but modified for my TV.

Quote:
Try to do following trick:

You need EDID dump from Optoma 66 or 77 (search in google)

Use the monitor asset manager to load this EDID and export it to inf file.

After this use this inf file as driver for your hd600x projector.

You can get monitor asset manager here: entechtaiwan.com/util/moninfo.shtm

if you unable to find EDID dump, then you have to find somebody with optoma 66/67 and ask him to create a dump.

I don't get why you would need to google for a dump since the program, 'Monitor Asset Manager', he recommends dumps it itself and creates an installable driver for you.

The result of this was that the Display is now named 'Samsung (EDID)' instead of 'Generic PnP Display'.

After doing all this I can't get either PowerDVD nor TMT to play anything in 3D. Both now claims the player is not 3D compatible.

I have now tried everything I can find on the web, and anything I can come to think of myself.

Please advice on how to proceed

Regards,

Lockzi

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hello

I have similar issue as S1DIMMER.

My HTPC (with ATI6950 card) is connected to Pioneer LX83 A/V receiver which is connected to a 3D projector JVC X3 (RS40). All HDMI cables are 1.4 high speed. 2D works fine but not 3D, neither with TMT5 nor PowerDVD11. I have the last AMD drivers 11.6.

3D works when the HTPC is directly connected to the projector.

I did not found the solution at the moment :-(

1 - 7 of 7 Posts