AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to get a flat panel in my home office. I will be sitting about 7.5 feet away.

I am actually debating between LCD and Plasma. I can get the 37" Panasonic Plasma for under 2k. However, I really like the new 40" Sony Bravia LCD display selling for more than 3K. Is the LCD display a bad choice or should I stick with plasma? I really need some help trying to decide. Also, if I do get the 40", will it be too large for my viewing distance. I have had people tell me I should stick with a 32" or 37" display based on... (7.5 ft x 12inches = 90 / 2.5 = 36" max)

40" BRAVIA™ XBR® LCD Flat Panel HDTV

KDL-V40XBR1

TH-37PX50U - Panasonic

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
I don't think a 42" or 40" to too big for 7.5' viewing distance. If your concern most

video shops have chairs were you can sit at your distance and see for your self.

But the way..I have yet to speak to someone who wished they have gotten a smaller

display then the one they have.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Oh, by the way the 1080p JVC to me is the first LCD that almost competes with

plasmas. I would take it over the 40" XBR. IMO

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, I never considered JVC and will take a good look at them. Sitting in a chair the same distance is a good idea.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
If a 40" LCD is what you want, the Sony XBR is the top. Was watching a couple today and the picture is the best I've seen, hands down. Expensive though. I wish they made a 43" XBR.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just got this one 2 days ago. It's beautiful. I sit about 6 feet from it and it's perfect. Not as expensive as the Bravia.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.