AVS Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm looking for a 46" LCD Flat Panel for under $1300. I am looking to buy the TV on Amazon or Costco. I have been looking at the Sony Bravia 46" V-Series, any thoughts? Anyone know a really good tv in my range with REALLY good picture quality and 1080P

·
Registered
17 Posts
That depends on your definition of REAL GOOD PICTURE QUALITY!

The $1300 price limit is going to decide how good of a picture you get. A great picture will be the high end Samsungs 750 or LEDs, Z or XBR series Sony, or any Mitsubishi IMO.

You will probably be very happy with a V5100 Sony or a 630 Samsung. They are equal.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
I have a 2008 Sony Bravia KDL-46V3000, very happy with it and no complaints. It is our most watched tv in the house if that matters. 2009 58" Plasma in the basement, 2009 40" LED in the bedroom. Like I said, I like the pq of the set, because if I did not, it would be at my kids house and I would have something else.

Mike

·
Registered
117 Posts
Sony KDL46V5100 - great TV. Easy to use. User Friendly TV guide. The 50,000:1 dynamic contrast ratio yields deep blacks in darker scenes.

With 7 HD input, definately you will get amazing picture quality wheather its Blu-Ray or PC..

This is also an Energy Star Certified..

Lastly Good TV for Good Price...

·
Registered
693 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by virp123 /forum/post/16952535

Sony KDL46V5100 - great TV. Easy to use. User Friendly TV guide. The 50,000:1 dynamic contrast ratio yields deep blacks in darker scenes.

With 7 HD input, definately you will get amazing picture quality wheather its Blu-Ray or PC..

This is also an Energy Star Certified..

Lastly Good TV for Good Price...

If you care about picture quality dont go with the Sony it's an 8 bit panel.

The scaller sucks and i was very unhappy with it.

·
Registered
693 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by aim120 /forum/post/16955884

true but you can compensate with increased viewing distance.

but the W5100 has the much improved BE3 and is better then the samsung upscaler.

Still 8 bit display..... last years model even the S was 10bit!!! they are fooling everybody !

·
Registered
33 Posts
You can get a Sharp LC-46D85U for around $1000, it's a decent tv. The Sony 46V5100 is also decent, that one will run you right around $1300. You can get the 2008 Samsung LN46A650 for around $1300 and that is a fantastic set (I used to have this, loved it). IMO the Samsung is the way to go, based on MY personal experience. I'm sure if you looked around you could find a nice LG in that price range also.

Good luck!

·
Registered
33 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowspeed /forum/post/16957424

Hows this for an option ?

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product...=1&topnav=&s=1

I'm so close to pulling the trigger on it.

I have the lc-42d64u and i love it. (only minus is that it has some motion blur)

--

I've seen the LC-46D85U at HHGregg and Best Buy for $999 and Im sure you can get them to lower it to $900 even if you show them 9 $100 bills.

·
Registered
565 Posts
I purchased a display model Sharp LC-46SE94U - their former top of the line model for a friend and wish I had it myself. New ones can now be had for within your price range. One of the best panels for skin tones I have seen.

Sound is not stellar, if you use an external amplifier then I highly recommend it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts