AVS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I need a good 500 watt amp but I'm having trouble deciding on what to get.

I've read mixed reviews on the Dayton, due to the humming issues. But I haven't heard too much of anything on the O Audio BASH amps which kind of causes some concern but who knows. Then theres the BASH amp that is NEVER in stock that looks very appetizing. I like the reviews I've heard on this amp but I can't find it for sale anywhere

I'm going to be going ported @18hz. The sub I have is D4 so whatever I get needs to be able to handle a 2ohm load and the neccesary filters

If anyone can help me out by narrowing down my choices, letting me know where to buy a good amp, or just selling their current amp let me know!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santapimp27 /forum/post/18310515

behringer ep2000 is a common pick. they have different models that might fit your needs better

meh I heard they have problems, especially with overheating and something else I can't think of atm but I know there was another issue

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'll look into it a little more closely

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicagorep /forum/post/18311286

BASH amps are used by several manufacturers in their subs.

So I noticed after a little bit of research. I guess I should have specified in the first post that I'm more interested in the PE BASH amp

I've also noticed most of them require a slight modification in order to use with a ported application. Are their any amps that don't require a new hpf?

It's my spring break and I'd like to get it done this week

·
Registered
219 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by subnit /forum/post/18310611

meh I heard they have problems, especially with overheating and something else I can't think of atm but I know there was another issue

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'll look into it a little more closely

I don't recall any plate amp being 2 ohm stable. I have used most of the plate amps from partsexpress and a 370 watt amp from rythmik audio but I don't believe any are 2 ohm stable. I have an ep2500 running four 15" subs and never have a heating problem. This is even after I replaced the fan with a lower rpm quiet fan. If you have to use that D4 sub then you are probably going to have to run it at 8 ohm or with a prosound amp such as the Behringer.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by robfive /forum/post/18314158

I don't recall any plate amp being 2 ohm stable. I have used most of the plate amps from partsexpress and a 370 watt amp from rythmik audio but I don't believe any are 2 ohm stable. I have an ep2500 running four 15" subs and never have a heating problem. This is even after I replaced the fan with a lower rpm quiet fan. If you have to use that D4 sub then you are probably going to have to run it at 8 ohm or with a prosound amp such as the Behringer.

I was afraid of the 2ohm load on a plate amp. I haven't found any either.

I've been leaning toward getting a Behringer ep2500. It's a little overkill but I can't find a eq2000 and I heard the 1500 just isnt strong enough. Thanks for the input on this amp though. I want to hear from people who actually own these amps

Could you show me a site where I can order 1?

·
Registered
219 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by subnit /forum/post/18314766

Nice!

Looks like I'll be running the ep2000 then. Thanks for all the help guys

I could be totally wrong about this but I read somewhere that the ep2000 and ep4000 are the newer equivalents to the ep1500 and ep2500 respectively. The power outputs did not change as much as the new specs indicate. I would look around for an ep2500 (I know they are hard to find) or go with an ep4000. Like you said, I haven't heard too many good things from the ep1500.

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
I love my EP2500 for my DIY dual 15" Tempest-X subs. I have never had a problem with it. I'd recommend changing the fans, but aside from that it's great.

I bought my locally at a Music store for the same prices found online. Makes retuning/warranty easier.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts