AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Title pretty much explains it all. Has to be 7.1(with the ability to handle all the HD audio formats) and it MUST have inputs for multichannel analog(as I will also be running my Pc through this receiver via a 7.1 soundcard).

I would like it to be as inexpensive as possible, while still being high quality obviously. I doubt I will find a great receiver for 300, but I've seen a few good ones on amazon for about 400.

I've noticed most of the new Onkyos have done away with multichannel analog in, so probably won't be going that route. Some of the Denons look nice though and it looks like Yamaha puts out a pretty good bang for the buck.

Not too concerned about wattage as long as it can put out enough clean power to drive decent speakers(I'm going to be building a few sets of Tritrix MTMs) at moderate volumes. 80+ watts should be more than sufficient.

So far Yamaha's HTR-6260 http://www.amazon.com/Yamaha-HTR-626...0457951&sr=8-1 looks to be my best bet but if you guys have any other solid recommendations or better deals, let me know.

·
Registered
29,118 Posts
Get a Harman Kardon 254 or 354 from the Harman Audio ebay store. both have 7.1 analog inputs and also decodes TrueHD and DTS-MA thru HDMI.

Other choices would be Denon 1909 or 1910 (789 and 790), Pioneer vsx 1019 (actually only 5.1 in), Yamaha RXV-663 or 665, Onkyo 606. All can be found in your price range.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts