AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been recommended HTD speakers - any other thoughts...

thanks in advance for the feedback!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Bic Acoustechs. 5.1 Can be had for $799.00, add two more of their surrounds and you will be under 1k. I bought them just to "hold me over". I now have no desire to to upgrade them and used the money I saved to buy a better sub.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
I strongly recommend the Polk Monitor 104 system: CS1 center, PSW10 sub, Monitor 30 and 40 pairs of bookshelves) currently offered for $698 at Frys with a free! 7.1 Sony receiver (a decet unit not recommended for purchase but for free - definitely).

Add to this the Polk T90E (same as Monitor 60 towers but real wood veneers) towers currently on sale at Tweeter.com for $350. (or ad a second pair at this price and sell one of the book shelves)

This is what I just purchased and I dont see myself buying anything for at least another 7 years.

All for $1050 (Note you save from buying separately 104 components $200, you get a FREE Sony receiver valued at $250 and you get a better than Monitor 60 towers ata savings of $170).

Thats over $600 if you purchased all of these components separately.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
I don't see a Polk 104 system anywhere else... was looking for this (no fry's here). I may have to go with the RM20 + two T90eb's

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Circuit city currently has all polk speakers on sale and you can mix and match. If you go with exact same 104 package you pay only $70 more plus 5% back by giftcard if you purchase online.

Outpost.com has 104 package for $699 but no receiver bundle. Either way its still within the $1000 budget. Its still a great value for great quality Polk speakers.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Cool, thanks for the link. That looks like a good deal, especially since the t90eb's (Monitor 60's) have been on sale lately and can be added to get to 7.1.

Im guessing the Monitor series is a step above the Polk RM's?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.