AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted in DIY forum, but hope maybe someone will see this here.

I am in need of a 70ohm BNC male crimp connector for RG6-QS. I am not having any luck locating one.

thanks,

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Scott,

your link shows me a 1/2w resistor :)

Pat,

Do you know if that connector is 75ohm and not 50?

thanks,

·
Premium Member
7,093 Posts
It's probably not rated. Unless you are running hundreds of feet it probably won't matter. Quad shielding probably is overkill too. What are you using it for? Most people wind up using BNC to RCA adapters or F to RCA when they would be better off using RCA crimp ons that partsexpress has too.

My afterthought would be that since it is specifically designed to work with RG6 would be that if it is rated it would be for 75 Ohms. There is a whole page of BNC crimp connectors for various cable types at http://www.partsexpress.com/webpage....7&WebPage_ID=3 and all the part numbers are different.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
In this case, I'm using it for RGBHV from my HTPC to my PJ. I used Quad shield because it is 30 ft and is running parallel to a 120V power wire and I wanted the extra shielding.

I called Parts Express and they said it was not rated, and that you cannot rate connectors. His guess was that it would be 75ohms as they are made for RG6.

I am connecting the RG6QS to BNC, then using Canare BNC -> RCA and BNC -> BNC bulkhead connectors that will be connected to a panel I am making to cover a two gang box. I have a panel on each end of the run, one on my wall, one on the ceiling next to the pj.

thanks,

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes, that one looks good.

I wish Canare would give dimensional specs for their products, make it really hard to figure out which one to use if you don't use exclusively Canare.

thanks,

·
Premium Member
7,093 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by dpeart
In this case, I'm using it for RGBHV from my HTPC to my PJ. I used Quad shield because it is 30 ft and is running parallel to a 120V power wire and I wanted the extra shielding.

I called Parts Express and they said it was not rated, and that you cannot rate connectors. His guess was that it would be 75ohms as they are made for RG6.

I am connecting the RG6QS to BNC, then using Canare BNC -> RCA and BNC -> BNC bulkhead connectors that will be connected to a panel I am making to cover a two gang box. I have a panel on each end of the run, one on my wall, one on the ceiling next to the pj.

thanks,
QS won't do a better job. If you get interference you'll need to move the power cord. I'm in agreement with the parts express guy. At the connection from BNC to RCA just use this instead.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.