AVS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I now have more 2 channel CD sources than inputs (and outputs) on my Yamaha RXV757 reciever. I have my main Cambridge Audio CD player on a set of inputs, but I just purchased a used 6 disc cartridge CD player for random music during social gatherings and I just bought a used Tascam CD recorder to make some custom discs with. The Mini Disc recorder ins/outs on the RXV757 are occupied by the Sony ES Cassette deck that still gets used from time to time. The video inputs are all occupied too, including AUX. I can free up one set of inputs, by putting the Cambridge into the switcher.

Is their a good high quality 2 channel audio input (Preferably output too) selector that anyone can recommend to make do right now. My eventual plan next year is to replace the Yamaha with a A/V pre/pro and a seperate 2 channel preamp with HT pass through, so I am looking for something semi-temporary.

I guess I could use a preamp of some type for this by using the fixed outputs?

All suggestions appreciated

·
Registered
2,268 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanlanman /forum/post/16953075

I now have more 2 channel CD sources than inputs (and outputs) on my Yamaha RXV757 reciever. I have my main Cambridge Audio CD player on a set of inputs, but I just purchased a used 6 disc cartridge CD player for random music during social gatherings and I just bought a used Tascam CD recorder to make some custom discs with. The Mini Disc recorder ins/outs on the RXV757 are occupied by the Sony ES Cassette deck that still gets used from time to time. The video inputs are all occupied too, including AUX. I can free up one set of inputs, by putting the Cambridge into the switcher.

Is their a good high quality 2 channel audio input (Preferably output too) selector that anyone can recommend to make do right now. My eventual plan next year is to replace the Yamaha with a A/V pre/pro and a seperate 2 channel preamp with HT pass through, so I am looking for something semi-temporary.

I guess I could use a preamp of some type for this by using the fixed outputs?

All suggestions appreciated
http://electronicsusa.com/sbv31g.html

http://electronicsusa.com/svs14.html

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Can you solder? Just build one. A DPDT switch, 6 RCA's and a small bud box. Should be about $10 for near perfection.

If not, grab something of MCM or similar site.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvrgeek /forum/post/16956187

Can you solder? Just build one. A DPDT switch, 6 RCA's and a small bud box. Should be about $10 for near perfection.

If not, grab something of MCM or similar site.

Nope, Can't solder worth a crap. Or else I would have looked into that route.

·
Registered
14,746 Posts
Here is a component switch from Monoprice for under $20.00 with a remote. It has 4 inputs with R&L audio as well as 4 digital (coaxial) inputs with one output. If you have a universal remote such as a Harmony you can set it up to select the correct input per source. I was using a Monoprice HDMI 4X1 switcher and it worked excellent with my Harmony. Monoprice products are well built and have insanely low prices

http://www.monoprice.com/products/pr...seq=1&format=2

Bill

1 - 7 of 7 Posts