AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I REALLY want a 36" 4:3 direct view HDTV for the gameroom upstairs, however, due to width constraints it looks like the (unnecessary) speakers on the sides of all these TV's are going to force me into a 32" TV. I know the Hitachi 36UDX10S will fit in my entertainment center, but I dont like the idea of going back to a curved display. Nevertheless, I am going to go check the Hitachi out tomorrow to see it in person. Can any of you guys recommend a video ONLY HDTV display? I think CTX has one on the way out, but the price will most likely be WAY up there (I dont want to spend more than about 1600 US), and they dont have any info on their site now anyway. Thanks in advance as always. :D

Carlos

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
nope, no tuner necessary. where can I get info on that mits monitor you are talking about? The one I found on google is the Megaview 37 Plus, but it doesn't seem to have component inputs, no one mentions if it is hdtv capable, and retails for about 5 grand. Thanks again...

·
Registered
40 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by sublimnl
however, due to width constraints it looks like the (unnecessary) speakers on the sides of all these TV's are going to force me into a 32" TV. Carlos
If the monitor solution doesnt work out.....

You mentioned width being your problem. Check out the Sony Vega FS series (KV32FS13 or 17?). The speakers on those models are underneath the screen, not on the sides, making them narrower..

Good luck

:)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
is there a way to convert component into RGB? I have a A/V receiver with several component inputs that I want to use for my PS2, DVD, and Satellite and the receiver only has component out. Would there be a degradation in picture quality? Also, do you know where I can get detailed specs on the unit you are selling? You just may have yourself a buyer... Thanks. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.