AVS Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Guys,

We are looking for a projector to display images of artwork onto a snowbank. The distance from the projector to the snowbank will be approx. 40 ft. (cannot move closer since it is projecting over a creek bed). The image size would depend on the lens/zoom. We will be renting this and wanted to get some sort of Lumen requirements so we can have the images fairly bright. The sun sets at 5:25pm and the show goes off at 6pm., but there will be some ambient light from city street lights approx 40 ft. away.

www.winterlight.ca

Thanks Joey

·
Registered
18,506 Posts
Before any of you say 'only in Canada', I'd like to clarify:

'Only in ALBERTA!'

I would say 5000 to 10,000 lumens will be bright enough. I'd say any of the decent a/v rental companies in Edmonton should have enough experience to know what to rent you, Tel Av, Sharps, Clarks, etc.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
I'd say any of the decent a/v rental companies in Edmonton should have enough experience to know what to rent you, Tel Av, Sharps, Clarks, etc.

I know, but I thought the guys here were smarter than them

·
Registered
5,672 Posts
Is your snow acoustically transparent?

Aim to maximize uniformity by removing all patches of yellow snow.

·
Banned
17,607 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Sonneborn /forum/post/15578609

I thought that snow is closer to 1.0 gain. Is that ideal for toroidal snow screens ?

Art

The second reskining of Prometheus went from a defective patchy 2.3 gain that looked like city snow to a very even 1.3. i have the pleasure to anounce that all the enhanced depth and uniformity benefits of the torus were preserved, debunking the myth that the enhanced depth came from the gain, it is strictly an optical phenomenom attributable to the corneal coupling of it's shape.

So with some shovels and a water hose Joey could convince 2 dozen drunk patrons to undertake the build.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
CM.... figures you would be the first to piss on my thread.

Maybe you and Art can write each others name in the snow ..that would be cute.

·
Registered
5,672 Posts

·
Registered
21,464 Posts
How would the gain change given a little snow melt and then refreezing at night. It would change the reflectiveness certainly and I think recalibration might be required but I don't know, Perhaps the projected art forms could be pictures of womens vulvas. This might merit a trip to by a non shabbos roller to see something he has never seen before.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts