AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maybe some one here can help me to find one like this. I'm not however, interested in Harmony remotes.

I want a basic, inexpensive, "no-brainer" that even a Grandma with Alzheimer's can operate. It only needs to control two devices; a Sony HDTV and a Scientific Atlanta cable box. Compact & light weight are preferred. The keys must also be back lit for easy viewing in dim light.

It must however, not require keying back & forth from TV to CBL like most inexpensive remotes do. I want to simply press the "On/Off"; then be able to change volume level &/or channels while viewing TV. When done, I want to just press the "On/Off" to shut it down.

I understand that this means the cable box will always be on - that's OK with me.

Best regards, Richard

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdavej /forum/post/20860076

Check THIS out.

"This remote can be used with a cable ready TV, but not with TVs that use a cable or satellite box."

Thanks for replying but I have a cable box (not cable ready). Additionally, (minor point) Arthritis friendly buttons are not needed.

Although it's got a lot of unnecessary capability, this GE remote is similar to what I have in mind. Downside is you have to jump back & forth on the TV & CBL keys to use it.

Richard

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16880244001

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.