AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an old pioneer dvd player connected to my 4805 via s-video. I want to buy a new player to connect via component, it needs to be region free and have a 220v powersupply. What do you all rate as a good budget (

·
Premium Member
26,161 Posts
Since you haven't gotten a response let me suggest using the search engine within current threads. There are only a handful of players (with no more on the horizon) that will upconvert via component...so you are very limited in your selection. Once you add the price point and region free...there may not be one that fits your needs. I would also read the stinky thread on upconversion at the top of the forum for answers.

The search engine is the quickest way to find the answer you need on most general topics.

Good Luck

Ron

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Ron, I did do a search before I posted, but I'm actually looking for a non-upscaling player, as my projector is standard definition with a good faroujda interlacer. Most of the current threads are, as you pointed out, for upconverting players. I'm just looking for a standard player, but one with good quality component output.

Thanks, I'll keep searching.

J.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.