AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a "NFL Film Room" that has 3 rows of seating, is about 21' deep, and I have a 120" screen w/ a Epson 6500 UB projector.

I want to add a couple smaller TVs on mounts to the left and right wall, such that when wanting to view several games at once, I can swivel them out and I can see them and the 120" screen at once.

I know the mounts I want, I already have one, and it will fold flat to the wall, so that when you don't want to watch the smaller TVs, you don't have to, they are folded flat along the wall.

The question now is choosing the right size and type of TV. Here are my questions:

1. The viewing distance from the smaller TVs to the last row of seats is probably 12'-14'. Do you think a 26" TV will be adequate? The main game I'd be watching is on the 120" screen, I just want to be able to keep up w/ scores, big plays, or key situations in the other games. I'd like to keep the TV as small as possible, in addition, I need it less than 30" and less than 66lbs to use the mount.

2. If a 26" TV is fine, I want to confirm that it appears at this size, 720p is the norm, they don't sell 1080p. And I guess that is because the TV is smaller and you won't see the improvement of 1080p as much, or to make it a 1080p, the price would be much higher than the comp which is at 720p. Is that accurate?

3. What would be a decent TV for the price (bang for buck) for a 26"? At that size, are they all relatively similar in terms of quality/reliability?

4. Would you recommend buying from a place such as 6ave, or getting it from Costco?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcbuilder /forum/post/16973903

.....I need it less than 30"......

Since industry standard sizing is 26", and the next is 32". Looks like you answered your own question. IMO, at 12-14 ft a 26" would be too small to go to the trouble and expense of installing. I think a 32" would be adequate to view as a 'secondary' source to check scores and such. I would not limit myself based on a particular brand of mount, there are many available that will fold away and support a 32". For your intended use, 720p would be perfect and cost less to boot. I like Costco personally but, check the model #'s closely since they do stock last years' models ocassionally. Not that they are bad or anything, but sometimes the newest model is only $25-50 more elsewhere. Amazon.com and Cleveland Plasma (forum sponsor) are generally well regarded here on AVS forum.

Your room sounds like a great place to be on Saturdays and Sundays in the fall.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts