AVS Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
30,789 Posts
There really is no such thing as a "2.1 surround system," good or otherwise. 2.1 is a left speaker, a right speaker and a subwoofer. The Bose 321 adds some processing and hand-waving to achieve a surround "effect" and its bass module is a fairly inadequate sub.

Sure, there is better but you need to post a budget and other constraints.

·
Registered
30,789 Posts
I do not know what your "media console" is but you can get a CD/DVD player, receiver and a pair of real speakers for that money. Are you sure you need a sub?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal Rubinson /forum/post/19535572

I do not know what your "media console" is but you can get a CD/DVD player, receiver and a pair of real speakers for that money. Are you sure you need a sub?

Not sure if I need a sub either. Won't the sub make it sound better? I just want something that sounds really good.

·
Registered
30,789 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mkstretch /forum/post/19535635

Not sure if I need a sub either. Won't the sub make it sound better? I just want something that sounds really good.

How would you know? Have you done any auditioning/shopping in showrooms?

You can get a decent pair of real speakers, a receiver and a CD/DVD player on your budget that will bury the Bose. As for fitting in your space, I have no idea as I do not believe any speaker (aside from custom designs) can sound decent in a cabinet.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal Rubinson /forum/post/19535681

How would you know? Have you done any auditioning/shopping in showrooms?

You can get a decent pair of real speakers, a receiver and a CD/DVD player on your budget that will bury the Bose. As for fitting in your space, I have no idea as I do not believe any speaker (aside from custom designs) can sound decent in a cabinet.

I have not went out to sample anything. My mother is looking to get me one for Christmas. I have speaker cloth on each of my cabinet doors or I can put the speakers on my console on either side of my TV.

·
Registered
30,789 Posts
If you insist on a packaged HTiB, then others will have to give you suggestions as I know of none of them.

Putting the speakers outside the cabinet is usually better than inside.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal Rubinson /forum/post/19536485

If you insist on a packaged HTiB, then others will have to give you suggestions as I know of none of them.

Putting the speakers outside the cabinet is usually better than inside.

No I'm not set on a htib. I will take any suggestions. Thanks!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts