Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am in the market for a good 6.1 receiver that has at least 100mhz power to each channel. I only want to spend around $500 -$700 max.

Does anyone have any suggestions on a good 6.1 receiver in this price range?

Thanks,

Jeff

·
Registered
807 Posts
Hi Jeff,

I assume that's "100 Watt" rather than "mhz".

Going through a similar search not long ago I've purchased an Onkyo TX-SR800 ($678 from an authorized reseller through mail order). It has 100 Watt per channel, 7.1, any 2 channels driven. I'm very happy with it. Of course, having bought this receiver I'm biased so this information is worth what you paid for it. I'm sure you will hear from others, speaking passionately about their particular receiver.

IMO power is not all that important for choosing a receiver. Different brands have different ways of specifying power that result in similar numbers for what otherwise would be vastly different. In practice there's very little audible difference between, say, 80 Watt and 120 Watt. That's only 1.8 dB, audible but barely so.

-Rob-

·
Registered
12 Posts
You might want to look at the standard Pioneer stuff.

For the money, the Pioneer product does really well when connected to some good quality speakers (I use Atlantic Technology).

I saw the VSXD-811S last week at the local BB (ugh) for $295.00 on sale. It's a last year model, that was selling for $450.00 at the start of the model year.

Pioneer also has some more upscale units planned for a November release if you can wait.

While some may poo-poo the line. It's been a good seller for me. Customers like the ease of set up, and the user friendly controls.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Hello

You can even look at the Yamaha receivers. The RX-V1300 is a 6.1 receiver with 100 watts x6. You can even get the Denon AVR-2803 for the same price of the RX-V1300. It has a seventh channel, but only rated at 90 watts x7. I doubt you will hear a dramatic difference from the 90 watts and the 100 watts. Just to let you know to hear a double increase in volume you need a 10 dB increase. 90watts from 100 watts won't even com close to that 10 dB. even something like 50 watts to 100 watts, Which will only give a 3dB increase in volume.

Here are the links to the Yamaha RX-V1300 and the Denon AVR-2803.

Yamaha RX-V1300

Denon AVR-2803

Good luck

GOLDEN-EAGLE!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.