AVS Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone point me towards a good non-gaming card with its strength in deinterlacing?

Right now I am using a Sapphire HD4650, but I feel there must be something better out on the market. Using CCC I'm able to get the picture good, but not great. I'm at the fine tuning stage now on my Htpc, looking for my last piece of hardware (VC)

Display is a Panny 720p projector onto a 106" screen. For dvds, I've used a Oppo BDP-83 which does a excellent job with the VRS ABT102 chip.

Unfortunately now, this has created a benchmark for me.

What I'm looking for is to match the quality (as close as possible) when playing my ripped 480i library and also for Netflix streaming.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
I get the best picture with my 430 (over is better) in 576i PAL TV broadcast.

PJ is Acer 5360 and the filter is PDVD10's Cyberlink video decoder.

BTW, nvidia screen resolution is set to 720p/75.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for giving me some direction ricabullah,

Looks like Nvidia availability begins these days at the 460 (Newegg), so I'll read up on the 430.

The new 460's are over my budget though, and maybe overkill for my needs.

If possible, I'd like to keep the budget at/under 100.00 for this upgrade so the price range might be about right to look into a used 430.

·
Registered
2,020 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricabullah /forum/post/19599667

I get the best picture with my 430 (over is better) in 576i PAL TV broadcast.

PJ is Acer 5360 and the filter is PDVD10's Cyberlink video decoder.

BTW, nvidia screen resolution is set to 720p/75.

Have you used a 55xx+ AMD card? I haven't tested the 430 yet with the newest drivers, but the 450 didn't do that great with 260.99.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by babgvant /forum/post/19600740

Have you used a 55xx+ AMD card? I haven't tested the 430 yet with the newest drivers, but the 450 didn't do that great with 260.99.

No, not with any 55** series card but with 5770 and 5450.

·
Registered
2,020 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricabullah /forum/post/19603498

No, not with any 55** series card but with 5770 1nd 5450.

Sorry, meant the "55xx+" as "55xx or better".

I just picked up a 5550 because AMD is supposed to have made impressive progress with their DI performance in recent drivers.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by babgvant /forum/post/19603552

Sorry, meant the "55xx+" as "55xx or better".

I just picked up a 5550 because AMD is supposed to have made impressive progress with their DI performance in recent drivers.

Good to know but i am not able to try them on my problematic mobo. (funny but it doesn't recognize none of those ati cards.)

But i noticed an improvement on new generation amd drivers on 10.9 but couldn't check them out with 10.10 hotfix e (even my new 9850 is waiting.)

·
Registered
1,771 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExToker /forum/post/19603626

Good to know. You still like your 430 over these 2 ?

For now, yes i prefer nvidia.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks Palehorse,

Sorry, I should have noted that my Htpc is in a cabinet so passive cooling is risky. Ideally, I'd like a LP card w/fan that has reasonable db levels. A low profile card would allow for some cross ventilation. So the combination of chip/software and a card as above is the quest. Looks like everything I'm getting directed towards is about 80.00. Perfect.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well I decided to follow ricabullahs lead on the GT430. Evga makes one that I hope will work for me. It seems like a good fit anyway. We'll see.

OT......Even though I am a devoted Newegg customer, I always have the same thought shopping there.

2 things will likely never change:

1- You will never get your rebate so save your 44 cents and the headache) and accept the cost at face value. Its amazing that some manufacturers can still pull that off. Symantec taught me that lesson years ago

2- Everybodys tech level is a 5

Thanks for your input gang.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Ive got my rebate from Antec and from MSI for purchasing a Power supply and a 5450 card.

After reading the reviews for MSi, it seemed like there was no way on earth I'd ever see the $30 I appied for, but 3 months to the day it came in the mail. I was very surprised.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
OK, I'll withdraw a bit,

"Will never get your rebate" was pretty general. Gigabyte came through for me years ago on my first electronics MIR attempt, before the MIRs became the big thing. I mentioned Symantec, because if anyone has ever dealt with that shady process, they will know what I mean.

My scorecard......I'm only 1 for 5, so I finally gave up (with an attitude)

Antec and MSI are already on my 'good guy' list, so its its nice to know they come through with their promises.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.