AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What tv are you guys using for your setups? I have an old panasonic 30" 1080I tube that i am tired of sharing with a 3 year old. He doesnt understand that BC 2 just came out and daddy dont wanna share! But he still gets to play...

I'm torn between the 50g20, 50B860, and a 101FD (if its even available in the price range)

I did find a link for the 101FD for $1400, but dont know if thats a good price or even if they have any available. Elitevisionsale is the website

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
samsung 550 is listed on amazon for 1,100. Trying to get a good idea from people with first hand experience on the quality for fps games. Not too concerned with the MLL and blacker blacks issues, since i think handprints and dust are gonna be more of an issue for me.

·
Registered
4,671 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dashboard /forum/post/18248473

Beautiful 1080P

+1

I use Samsung HL67A750 . LOVE IT !

·
Registered
239 Posts
I'm playing on a 13" Sanyo black and white.

Just Playing............

Actually a 40" Samsung (LN40B750). Simply amazing! Hope for the best with your decision. It took me a while to decide whether I wanted LED or not.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
samsung PN58B550T2 is 1499 at BB, decisions decisions

·
Registered
435 Posts
Watch out with samsung and their panel "lottery". Read up about it in the TV section. Some samsungs are also extremely prone to input lag, even with Game mode turned on...

·
Registered
2,159 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlin29311 /forum/post/18249774

Watch out with samsung and their panel "lottery". Read up about it in the TV section. Some samsungs are also extremely prone to input lag, even with Game mode turned on...

Yep, was about to post this. Don't just read all the Samsung

·
Registered
139 Posts
52A650 Samsung with game mode on for shooters, absolutely love it, just wish it were bigger.

·
Registered
182 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jopopsy /forum/post/18249779

Panasonic TC-P54S1.

Sweet sweet goodness abounds from this magical device.

+1 for the Panasonic S series. I have the 50" version and it's great! Plus after buying it from Costco 9 months ago, they dropped the price $500 and gave me the difference in cash! Gotta love it.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dashboard /forum/post/18250147

Wasn't this issue mostly for the computer monitor? (226BW which led to the death of this model)

After researching for months about my TV, I've read problem about HDMi input on the samsung but nothing about input lag. Maybe it was later that the problem occured since I have mine since 2007 and my research were in those time.

Their older DLP's were notoriously bad. I was also researching sets ~ last christmas and saw similar concerns with the 60hz lcd's samsung has out.

Really, I think the moral of the story is to research specific model numbers you are considering. The brand itself means nothing.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.