AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
4,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the process of putting together a HT system for my living room. This will be a second system, my main system is in my game room. This will be used primarily for playing xBox games and occaisonally DVD's.

I have about 4.5 inches of clearance (height) between the 27" TV and the Entertainment center. The reason I need it to fit this space is because it was one of the stipulations my wife imposed when I told her I was putting together another system in the living room.

My reciever is a Yamaha 5540, L/R/LR/RR are RCA PRO-X880AV from Radio Shack with the Lineaum tweeter. I send my subwoofer out from the Yamaha to an older model JVC Prologic (100w/ch) reciever powering 2 Cerwin Vega VS-12's for bass.

I have tried the Bose VCS-10 and the RCA PRO-LS200. The Bose was $179 and the RCA/Radio Shack was $49. I took the Bose back because there was no sound difference in A/B testing. I am not really impressed with the RCA either, but so far the Bose and RCA are the only ones that fit above my TV and below my entertainment center.

The only other center I have found that may fit is from Cambridge Soundworks, it is their Center Channel Plus with 4 3.5" drivers and a tweeter. I ordered it from them for $129. I have not yet recieved it.

I am looking for something around $200 (or less) that will fit this space on top of my 27" television.

Please let me know if you know of any.

Thanks

Ray Nist

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.