AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the market for a new tv and I need to come to a decision within a couple of weeks (insurance claim reimbursement). Please help me find one!

I'm in the market for a 42-46" (preferably 46") that will total after shipping to

·
Registered
6,232 Posts
Sorry, no. Tosh is a second tier manufacturer this year. Things change and they are not in the same league with Sammy, Sony, or Panny and such now. Sharp and Tosh, are runners up at the moment and Vizio and others are in the third tier. Stay away from RCA, Westinghouse, Insignia and any off brand unit, they will never be repairable.

·
Registered
117 Posts
You can have

Samsung LN46B530 For $1,099.99

Sharp LC46D65U For $1,099.88

These two LCD models you can afford.

Panasonic TCP46G15 46" Plasma TV For $1,298.00 is also a nice choice. With THX certified display, Viera HDTV brings stylish look on screen. With lots of other features, though it somewhat exceeds your budget, still you can also consider this option..

Surf on web for more info...

·
Registered
332 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by virp123 /forum/post/16933310

You can have

Samsung LN46B530 For $1,099.99

Sharp LC46D65U For $1,099.88

These two LCD models you can afford.

Panasonic TCP46G15 46" Plasma TV For $1,298.00 is also a nice choice. With THX certified display, Viera HDTV brings stylish look on screen. With lots of other features, though it somewhat exceeds your budget, still you can also consider this option..

Surf on web for more info...

He said that he will take 70% of the time to use as a PC monitor. I actually own a that exact plasma & it get image retention(temporary).

The plasma is great for XBOX 360 & Playstation 3 games as long as you don't stall in the menu. Avoid 4:3 content such as PS2 & PS games.

Also the MSRP of this model is around 1600$. No way the regular price will be around 1300 since it's a new model.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts