AVS Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been the happy owner of a Vizio E601i-A3 which resides in the basement family room where we watch most of our TV. I've had zero issues with the set since we bought it in February 2013. Now we're remodeling the main floor of the house where we have an open living/dining room/kitchen area and I want to wall mount a set at the focal point of all three rooms. We used to have a 32" Samsung HD CRT as the living room set but it's getting relegated to the bedroom in order to save space in the new living room (we had it sitting in a large cabinet). Since any movies, TV shows, etc...will be watched on the 60" downstairs, we'll mostly just be watching the news in the morning while eating breakfast, football on Thanksgiving, and other intermittent things.. Since I'm happy with my first Vizio purchase I'd like to get another one and narrowed it down to the two sets in the subject line. Basically I'm wondering how consistent the E-series is across the board. I'm leaning toward the E420 since it's not that much more expensive than the E390, but I'm wondering if they are identical except for screen size? Does anyone know the significance of the "A1" vs. the "A0"? I realize that there is a 40" version of the TV I already own, the E401i-A2, but I'd rather save $30 and get a slightly bigger screen. IMO there's no reason to have internet capability on this set-the downstairs set does everything we need. Thoughts?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts