AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, it's that time where I need to upgrade my main TV set and I've been doing my research on these two models currently.

Samsung LNT4671 1080P LCD

and

Samsung LNT5271 1080P LCD

I will be playing Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, along with watching HD TV shows and playing BluRay and HD DVD's.

What should my optimal viewing distances be for each set?

Also, I've been reading about TBE and Studdering Effects on these models. Do these problems effect every set or only a handful? I was at Circuit City today and they had a LNT4071 hooked up to a BluRay Player playing Pirates and there was very noticable "Studdering," but the problem seemed to correct itself, but I did notice it. I asked the sales rep and he said that it's because it wasn't hooked up with a 120 HDMI cable. Now I believe I read somewhere that was incorrect and a regular HDMI cable should play it fine???

Basically I would like to pick one of these up tonight so if anyone has any thoughts suggestions please feel free to let me know!

THanks in advance.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also just a side note, I already have a Sony 46" LCD XBR2 1080p.

That set has horrible clouding and not great black levels, so will I see a great improvement if I go with the Samsung LNT4671?

Just about ready to go pick it up........

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well i broke down and ended up buying the 5271F. can't wait to get it all set up and running. now just have to pick up a stand tomorrow and a new tivo HD!!! can't wait

anyone have any suggestions for a nice stand for this set?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts