AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am using a Radeon 8500 with CAT 3.2 drivers, WIN 2000 hooked up to a HS10 via DVI.

I have followed the instructions on two different sites and I am still having problems moving the combination to 1366 x 768 resolution...

I input all the information to the add resolution screen and when I press the add resolution it reboots the computer. Nothing is saved and the computer reboots on its own.

Does anyone know what I am doing wrong?

Thanks

Steve

·
Registered
930 Posts
The resolution will not appear on the user installed list

after you hit add resolution until it re-boots. Is it on the list after re-booting?

Freak!

·
Registered
212 Posts
Swatkins,

I was having a problem along those same lines with my 9000 Pro and CAT 3.2. What I noticed is that just before the reboot I'd have a BSOD that would show up on my TV but not my monitor. I ended up reloading the drivers and the ATI control panel (I think that's what it's called) from the CD and it works fine now. I haven't done any serious testing to see what my problem was, but I think it may have been because I loaded the CAT 3.2 on a fresh Win2k install and didn't have the control panel installed.

Did you install the drivers/control panel off your CD then upgrdade to 3.2 or did you install 3.2 from scratch?

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by metallicafreak
The resolution will not appear on the user installed list

after you hit add resolution until it re-boots. Is it on the list after re-booting?

Freak!
No its not on the list,,,, I don't think it is saving anything because when it restarts windows I am always asked to restore my active desktop, and that indicates a unexpected shutdown....

Micah

I have reinstalled all the drivers and control panel after I installed windows and I have reinstalled them twice.....

Thanks

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here are the settings that have been found to work with the HS10.

Here are the details for Powerstrip settings for your HTPC to work with the HS10.

• Timing parameters: 1366x768=1366,65,142,207,768,1,3,21,79046,39

• Horiz res: 1366

• Vert res: 768

• Horiz refresh: 45 Khz

• Vert refresh: 56 Hz (most important value to obtain WXGA, needs to be somewhere between 55.9 and 56.9 Hz)

• H-sync: negative

• V-sync: negative

When I look at the Custom Resolution screen in powerstrip I see these fields.

New Resolution

****** Active Pixels *********

Horizontal Vertical

***** Refresh Rate ******

***** Front Porch ******

***** Sync Width ******

***** Back Porch ******

* Positive Polarity * Positive

* Composite sync

Pixel Clock

Aspect Ratio

* ANY * 4:3 * 5:4 * 16:9 *16:10

* Lock Total Geomerty

ADD NEW RESOLUTION

Could anyone help me with the values to add in the * spaces? What I have added looks like this.

New Resolution

1366 Active Pixels 768

Horizontal Vertical

45 Refresh Rate 56

65 Front Porch 1

142 Sync Width 3

207 Back Porch 21

(Unchecked)Positive Polarity (Unchecked) Positive

* Composite sync

Pixel Clock

Aspect Ratio

* ANY * 4:3 * 5:4 (Checked) 16:9 *16:10

* Lock Total Geometry

ADD NEW RESOLUTION

When I hit the ADD NEW RESOLUTION button the computer immediately reboots, and nothing is saved..

Any Ideas?

·
Registered
4,720 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by swatkins
No its not on the list,,,, I don't think it is saving anything because when it restarts windows I am always asked to restore my active desktop, and that indicates a unexpected shutdown....
If the resolution doesn't appear on the list after reboot - it usually means the your video drivers have not accepted

the new resolution.

Are you sure your card and drivers can handle the resolution that you are asking?

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by Morbius
If the resolution doesn't appear on the list after reboot - it usually means the your video drivers have not accepted

the new resolution.

Are you sure your card and drivers can handle the resolution that you are asking?
I assume it can, I am 99% sure others have made it work.... Radeon 8500 with cat 3.2 drivers.....

What I think is happening is that nothing is being saved to the list because the program is rebooting the computer, not after it is saved and I am asked to reboot but something is killing the computer when I press the add new resolution button. What that could be, I have no idea :(

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
And the problem was.....

Heck if I know :)

I found that Powerstrip has a board and I asked for help there. It was very responsive help and very fast. They suggested different settings and when they did not work they suggested that I download the "very latest" program which worked like a charm!

Keep in mind that I had just downloaded the program two days before :) So I suspect they tried out my problem and released a version to take care of the bug that was making me pull my hair out :)

Whatever they did it works now and I will soon send them a check!

Thanks guys for all the help

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.