AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well my infocus sp5000 finally quit after 4 yrs. My family is coming out for Christmas and i am hoping to have it replaced by then. My initial problem is where i had the sp5000 mounted. After using projector central distance calculator there are not many pj that will throw the image i need. My screen is a 92" polywall diy screen. So now i am planning on building a new screen with boc ( 110" or 120") and getting a new projector. Cost is an issue as this was an unexpected expense and i purchased a bulb for the sp5000 2 months ago.

I have narrowed it down to a couple:

Optoma hd66

Epson 705hd

Acer 5360

Any ideas or options are welcome. looking for the best bang for my buck. I have found these at around $600 and need to stay around that price. I realize that the hd66 is dlp and the 705hd is LCD, i have no idea if im effected by the dlp rainbows.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,122 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by zurk /forum/post/19623968

benq w1000+

its worth spending the extra $300 on.

I agree, the w1000+ is worth the extra dollars. You will get slightly better output than the W1000 for the same price that the w1000 was held at before the w1000+ hit the markets. I believe it's hard to find the W1000 now, however, last time I checked projector people was still offering them, but recently they weren't (probably sold out), so you'll have to look for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim McC /forum/post/19624296

I'd get the HD66. BUT you need to view a DLP somewhere first, if possible, for rainbows.

I also agree with Jim, that you should check out whether or not you are a victim of RBE. I believe the HD66 carries a 3x color wheel just like the W1000+, so they should be similar in that department. Other than that the W1000+ will have better contrast ratios, better blacks, brighter lumens, and a slightly heftier price tag, but you'll get it for 1080p. The HD66 has 3D ready, which the W1000+ doesn't. The W1000+ also includes improved bulb technologies allowing 5000 eco mode hours and 4000 normal hours. Each has it's own strengths, so it really depends on what your needs are. Let me also mention that if placement will be a problem, you may also consider the 8350, which will be slightly higher than any of the above mentioned, but it comes with lens shift, however it is LCD.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.