AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My uncle has tasked me the job of finding him a pair of speakers to go in his bedroom. He has a budget of $800 for speakers and receiver, and I'd figure $400 would get him a decent receiver, leaving $400 for speakers. Normally I'd spend days doing my own research, but my work has been spreading me thin 6 days a week, 10 hours a day. I'd figure I'd ask for some suggestions here first and then get into the indepth research when I have time. The criteria is that they have to be fairly small, wall mountable, and of course the ever so subjective....sound good
The setup will be going inside a master bedroom, and honestly he's not the greatest home audio aficionado as he hasn't heard of many other companies besides those that are found in best buy.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Assuming you're in the US a factory refurbished Denon AVR1910 . That leaves $550ish for speakers and a small subwoofer.

For speakers I'd look at these speakers. All are front ported - I wanted to stay with front ported since you want them on, or very close to the wall. The Ushers will need a wall mount or a shelf to sit on, I can't remember if the Infinities have a mount on the back. All three need the help of a subwoofer.
  1. Usher S-520 (budget stretcher, and the matched center is pricey) review
  2. Infinity Primus P162 (kinda big) review
  3. Infinity Primus P152

I'm not an expert on

·
Registered
19,827 Posts
Go to onecall.com or crutchfield.com and get a $300 or less stereo

receiver. Then go to musicdirect.com and look at the Focal 705V

speakers. Also, at onecall.com or nhthifi.com - take a look at the

NHT Absolute Zero speakers. Both speakers are very musical.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts