AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm finally looking to replace my old Toshiba 57" rear projection. The cabinet that I had built has exactly 54" of clearance in the inside. I'm looking for the best display area in a flat panel that will fit in this opening. I'm found the Samsung LN55A950, but I'm hoping for a few other suggestions.

thanks

·
Registered
302 Posts
yea any 55inch or smaller tv should fit,.....are you sold on LCD, or are you open to plasma's as well

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I figured that I could go smaller than 55", but there just don't seem to be many that are close fits. A 50" or 46" would reduce the screen size more than I really want. I really don't care whether it's an LCD or a Plasma. i'm not a videofile, so it doesn't mean all that much to me. the Samsung is, so far, the closest fit. It gives me about 1/2" clearance on the sides and from the reviews it looks like a really nice panel.

thanks for the response.

·
Registered
302 Posts
sony kdl-55xbr8 is the only other one i cant think of that is a 55....there really arent that many to choose from...the closest that most lcd's come to 55" are the 52" versions, and for plasmas its 50"

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, it's pretty tough to get the right size. The sony would be a good call except for the fat side speakers...at least that's what I think they are. The dimensions are 58.5" wide. There is a 57" Panasonic that's 55.1" wide...but that's still too big. I might just have no choice other than the Samsung.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts