AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently purchased Sony DVP-NS700P but can return for refund. Would like to spend about $400 or so for DVD to use with NEC VT-540. Any advise you can provide would certainly be appreciated.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I'm very happy with my JVC XVD723 that I got from Onecall.com for $315. It was rated quite good and doesn't have the chroma bug that some others do. If you can spring for the Panasonic RP91 (around $450 I think) its probably worth considering too.

I use mine with my LT150 and I've been very happy with it. DVD Audi sounds great too!

-Dave

·
Registered
12 Posts
For a little more than $400 you can get a Panasonic RP-91 (ecost.com has it for $439 plus shipping right now). Do a search on the DVD forum for this player - you will find more than enough information. I think you will also see that the general consensus is that it is light years better than the Sony, and the best under $500 player on the market. Many believe it is the best sub-$1000 player as well.

If you want to wait, the Phillips Q50 is coming out soon. This player has the Faroujda chip in it, and will therefore likely be superior to the RP91 at deinterlacing. Of course, it may not have some of the other goodies the RP91 has like DVD-Audio and scaling of non-anomorphic discs. It all depends on what you are looking for. The MSRP of the Q50 is $500, and it is expected to have a street price of about $400. (You can get a region-free version at ************* right now, but that will run you around $600 with shipping).

·
Registered
267 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.