AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

i own a 40" samsung LCD and ps3 ... i had a 5.1 speaker .. but those where for PC... cant able to connect them to my ps3..

so i need a good 5.1 speaker and a receiver so that i can also connect my audio system , TV , PS3 , 5.1 speakers

Please suggest me a good reliable and good product.

Thanks in advance.

is wireless better than wired 5.1 ?

·
Registered
18,923 Posts
I don't trust wireless audio due to problems I have had with it. I hear the 5.4 Ghz ( something like that,) is more free from interferance.

For your receiver needs, almost anything will work for your stated needs. Yamaha, Onkyo, Harmon Kardon, and Denon are all popular, to name some. Out of Yamaha's current offerings, I like the RX-V765 the best, but that might be out of your budget.

Look around here, there's lot of advice and info on various budget models.

For speakers, I suggest the speaker forum.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thnk u guys.

i am from India and please suggest accordingly , as many products u guys suggest may not be available for me in india

my budget is around 25-30k Rs that is rougly around 500-600 $ ( hope my conversion are good 1$=50 Rs ) :)

[edited]

i prev had idea to go for Logitech Z-5500 Digital

for 5.1 but i dont think it has HDMI , but can a good reciever help me connect it ? and will there be any compromise in quality ?

and can anyone give me a clear idea of purpose of reciever... i know that it takes up any input and gives any output ... to any no of speaker... is that true ?

i havent used a receiver before...

·
Registered
4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naveen_Reloaded /forum/post/16963942

thnk u guys.

i am from India and please suggest accordingly , as many products u guys suggest may not be available for me in india

I'm not sure you'll find a lot of expertise on that kind of product availability here, but I may be wrong. As always, you should be able to order pretty much anything off the internet, just shipping may be a pain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naveen_Reloaded /forum/post/16963942

my budget is around 25-30k Rs that is rougly around 5000-6000 $ ( hope my conversion are good 1$=50 Rs ) :)

A quick check online shows 25k Indian Rupees to equal ~$500, not $5000. Definitely changes the kind of equipment you're looking for.

Quote:
and can anyone give me a clear idea of purpose of reciever... i know that it takes up any input and gives any output ... to any no of speaker... is that true ?

i havent used a receiver before...

I'm definitely not much higher on the knowledge scale than you, but the receiver has a few main purposes. The first is to power the speakers. Second, to process the sound data and send it to the speakers in the appropriate way. Finally, to pass video data through to a monitor and sometimes to improve it, though with a PS3 over hdmi it should just be passing the data.

Hopefully that helps and the smarter guys will give you some good speaker/receiver combos in that price range.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
I would definitely buy something locally. You don't want to be paying shipping from the US and have something arrive DOA or Fubar. If you want some help deciding then it would be helpful if you can provide links of products there in India you can potentially buy or at least tell us what product lines you have there. It's pointless advising you to buy a certain product when nobody here really knows if it's for sale there. Good luck....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for the replies guys....
Quote:
Originally Posted by stadisticado /forum/post/16964222

I'm not sure you'll find a lot of expertise on that kind of product availability here, but I may be wrong. As always, you should be able to order pretty much anything off the internet, just shipping may be a pain.

A quick check online shows 25k Indian Rupees to equal ~$500, not $5000. Definitely changes the kind of equipment you're looking for.

I'm definitely not much higher on the knowledge scale than you, but the receiver has a few main purposes. The first is to power the speakers. Second, to process the sound data and send it to the speakers in the appropriate way. Finally, to pass video data through to a monitor and sometimes to improve it, though with a PS3 over hdmi it should just be passing the data.

Hopefully that helps and the smarter guys will give you some good speaker/receiver combos in that price range.

oppppsss... i am bad at conversion.... i was very excited that i was getting instant replies... so was in a hurry....

guys tell me wther this audio system is good or not for my ps3/bluray movies ? website : http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/sp...s/224&cl=in,en

how can i connect this system with ps3 ... PS3 has got HDMI output , and now it goes straight to my TV .. but from my TV i cant get a 5.1 Output ..

so please suggest me idea.

for this problem only i had to go for a receiver... so that i can take the HDMI input and separate it audio and video and feedthem respectively.

please guide me.

should i get z5500 ? if so wht receiver should i get ? and does z5500 is comaptible with HDMI or say will me receiver be able to connect to z5500 ? coz i think z5500 doesnt have a hdmi input.. ( i think so ) , if so does by connecting thru other ways result in quality downgrade ?

·
Registered
243 Posts
what model is your T.V does it have a Digital out??
Its to bad that lil unit didnt have a HDMI then you can get a LPCM from the Blue Ray for losless audio
, But you can connect the Blue ray to that unit via Optical and bitstream and if tv has one that too , so yes that would work
: But maybe look into HT in a box set up then you can expand when needed!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts