AVS Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
Joined
·
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I just bought a 5.1 paradigm setup. Its the monitor 9's, CC-370, Mini-Monitors and PS-1200


Now i need to pick out a receiver to power it. On my short list so far are:


Onkyo 707 (Recommended over the 806)

Pioneer VSX-23TXH


This is a 5.1 setup for now with possible expansion to a 7.1


I will use this setup for 80% HT / 20% music.


Any recommendations on comparable receivers that are a good match with Paradigms are welcomed


Thanks
 

· Registered
Joined
·
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantom52 /forum/post/18121213


Member here has a good deal on a Onkyo 807 in the classifieds. That and a Emotiva XPA3 would make a great combo for those Paradigms.

that 807 is very tempting. a little out of my price range tho so not sure if i wanna pay the extra. i started looking for a $400 receiver and now im already up to $650 ones



i gotta stop reading this forum
 

· Registered
Joined
·
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So the recommendations so far are:


Onkyo 707

Onkyo 807

Pioneer Elite VSX-23TXH (Looks the best and like front HDMI, but no Audyssey)

Marantz 7001

Denon 2310

Yamaha RX-V863


At this point, does it really matter which one i get? Is one of these clearly better than the others, or is it just preference?


Thanks
 

· Registered
Joined
·
7,817 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santapimp27 /forum/post/18123752


So the recommendations so far are:


Onkyo 707

Onkyo 807

Pioneer Elite VSX-23TXH (Looks the best and like front HDMI, but no Audyssey)

Marantz 7001

Denon 2310

Yamaha RX-V863


At this point, does it really matter which one i get? Is one of these clearly better than the others, or is it just preference?


Thanks

1. Elite 23 (no Audyssey but it does have MCACC)

2. Yamaha 863

3. Onkyo 707 (not enough difference IMO between it and the 807 for the price)

4. Marantz 7001

5. Denon 2310 ( no pre-outs if you should want to add an amp later.)


JMHO, others will be different.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantom52 /forum/post/18124136


1. Elite 23 (no Audyssey but it does have MCACC)

2. Yamaha 863

3. Onkyo 707 (not enough difference IMO between it and the 807 for the price)

4. Marantz 7001

5. Denon 2310 ( no pre-outs if you should want to add an amp later.)


JMHO, others will be different.

I'm a fan of the elite 23 too. It would look great as the centerpiece of a setup and the front hdmi is nice for hooking up my laptop.


As far as the onkyo goes I might be able to get it for $600 which is only $50 more than the Refurbed 707
 

· Registered
Joined
·
7,817 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santapimp27 /forum/post/18124222


I'm a fan of the elite 23 too. It would look great as the centerpiece of a setup and the front hdmi is nice for hooking up my laptop.


As far as the onkyo goes I might be able to get it for $600 which is only $50 more than the Refurbed 707

Get it from a member here. Roman O. It has the warranty.

http://shopbesttv.com/Audio/Pioneer.aspx
 

· Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
If your budget is $650.00, why not step up the a Sony 2400ES.


Their 'Elevated Standard' receivers carry a 5 year warranty, and are of a rather nice quality.


Not a huge fan of their DG and DH level receivers, but ES, pretty nice.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
237 Posts
I've seen now a few references to the denon 2310 as having no preouts!!

But i've seen one in the flesh and they do!!!


What gives? Same model diff countrys diff features?
http://www.trustedreviews.com/home-c...AV-Receiver/p2


I wouldn't get one based on sound tho. I listened to some Focal 726 and the denon was clearly the worst. Sounded like mud! OnkyoIntegra 40.1/707 was better and the best was the 1065/2065 huge improvement in clarity and bass.


Matt



Quote:
Originally Posted by phantom52 /forum/post/18124136


1. Elite 23 (no Audyssey but it does have MCACC)

2. Yamaha 863

3. Onkyo 707 (not enough difference IMO between it and the 807 for the price)

4. Marantz 7001

5. Denon 2310 ( no pre-outs if you should want to add an amp later.)


JMHO, others will be different.
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top