AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, not many topics on these TV's so I figured I'd start a new one.

I plan on purchasing one of these TV's from "big river" but I cannot decide on one. I plan on getting the 42" size, but if I were to choose the LH 30 I could afford the 47" size.

Now, the differences I know are that the LH30 has lower input lag, which is good because I plan on using the TV for video games, as well as HD and SD TV/movies. However, the LH30 only has a 50000:1 contrast ratio and is 60 Hz. The LH40 has a 70000:1 contrast ratio and is 120 Hz. It has a higher input lag, but only by 1 frame I believe. The LH50 seems to be the exact same thing as the LH40 but with the yahoo! widgets and netflix streaming, which isn't pretty useful since it's not Wi-Fi. Are there any differences between the two that I am not aware of? Which TV would you guys recommend? Thanks for the input!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
anyone have a suggestion? I plan on purchasing the TV tonight! I am leaning towards the 42LH40 I believe though, since it's $100 cheaper than the 42lh50 and I don't need the internet widgets and netflix streaming that bad. Is there any other main difference between these Tvs?

·
Registered
5,976 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo3 /forum/post/17193785

LH40. Once you go 120Hz you won't go back to 60Hz.

- I went with the LH30 simply because of the faster video processing for PC gaming. 120Hz definitely is better for movies though, but I have a HT setup for that.

As for contrast ratios, what you are looking at are the dynamic contrast ratios, which are worthless. There is no standard for dynamic contrast ratios. If you turn it on, it wreaks all kinds of havoc on the PQ of the set. LCD's aren't known for their great native contrast ratios.

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
None of the above. There is nothing special about the lower model LGs and LGs defect rate is much higher than the other major players.

Best LCD bang for the buck in 42": Toshiba 42ZV650.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Just bought a 47LH50 a few days ago at Fry's on sale for $899... The Vudu streaming looks amazing at 1080p... Gonna try xvid movies on it tonight...

I now have in my HT: TivoHD, XBox 360, and an 47LH50... If you add my laptop in DVI out, I have 4 ways to stream Netflix to my living room... heh...

The Yahoo widgets are kind of cool, other then Flickr to show off pictures it is not that useful, but Netflix, Vudu, and the my media service rock...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.