AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to decide which connection to go with. Using component I can go through my receiver with the other component devices and never need to switch inputs on the TV. If I use HDMI - DVI to the TV then I need to switch inputs between the DVD player or xbox 360 and the TV.

I tried to run them both out of the cable box at the same time. Then I figured I would just change inputs on the tv so I could compare pictures between the two. Only problem is that the cable box will only send out video across one of the methods. So I then have to fumble around and take one cable out, put the other in, get a picture, and by then its hard to compare.

Any suggestions on how to go about this? Everything I have read says it really depends on the equipment which is the better route to go. So I figured I would test it but can not think of a proven way to do so.

Thanks in advance. Appreciate any help you can give.

·
Registered
7,918 Posts
"Only problem is that the cable box will only send out video across one of the methods. So I then have to fumble around and take one cable out, put the other in, get a picture, and by then its hard to compare."

Other then this, no.

·
Registered
16,824 Posts
Get rid of the box and use a CC (if your TV has it).

Another reason I don't like STBs' and paid more for a set that has a QAM tuner CC slot.

Do you get HDNet? If so they run test signals early Tuedsay morning around 7am EST. That would be the only way you could short of having a ATSC/QAM signal generator.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.