AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I need to purchase a TV today. I work at an animation production studio, and I've been tasked with finding a TV to replace the one we have in out review room. (that tv is a 65" LG 4k from 2013 65LA9700UA) we are getting rid of it because it automatically seems to fix banding issues and other things in gradients that change, and aliasing in some shots. For obvious reasons we can't have a tv hiding our animation issues. (we have turned off all the settings we could find and its no help.) So we are looking for a tv (or monitor?) that will show us an accurate picture, at 1080p, 60fps, and something around 60" they put a 1000$ cap on this but i'm sure I can get that raised if you recommend something perfect. Thanks Guys!

Best,
Alex

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
So I need to purchase a TV today. I work at an animation production studio, and I've been tasked with finding a TV to replace the one we have in out review room. (that tv is a 65" LG 4k from 2013 65LA9700UA) we are getting rid of it because it automatically seems to fix banding issues and other things in gradients that change, and aliasing in some shots. For obvious reasons we can't have a tv hiding our animation issues. (we have turned off all the settings we could find and its no help.) So we are looking for a tv (or monitor?) that will show us an accurate picture, at 1080p, 60fps, and something around 60" they put a 1000$ cap on this but i'm sure I can get that raised if you recommend something perfect. Thanks Guys!

Best,
Alex
I can't speak to your model specifically, but a lot of TV's have a "PC Mode" (often activated by labeling the input PC or Computer, and usually only works on 1 specific input) which disables even more settings/features/processing than is available in the user menu. Something worth looking into if you haven't tried it already.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can't speak to your model specifically, but a lot of TV's have a "PC Mode" (often activated by labeling the input PC or Computer, and usually only works on 1 specific input) which disables even more settings/features/processing than is available in the user menu. Something worth looking into if you haven't tried it already.
Cool I'll defiantly look into this. At this point our budget has been increased dramatically, and we are now most likely looking into buying a monitor. the ones i've had time to look at so far, at the size we need, are aimed at commercial store advertising applications, and I'm not familiar with the accuracy of those. Hopefully someone can help me out!

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
The Panasonic TC-65AX900U is probably the most "accurate" LCD display out there from reviews available. It is was above your original budget ($7200) and is only available from Magnolia Design Center locations inside select best buys.

Reactions: losservatore

·
Registered
7,092 Posts
The Panasonic TC-65AX900U is probably the most "accurate" LCD display out there from reviews available. It is was above your original budget ($7200) and is only available from Magnolia Design Center locations inside select best buys.
I agree the display have the performance of a studio display, almost perfect accurate colors out of the box and is the most versatile tv to calibrate.it have many, many, calibration options.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts