AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have what seems like should be a simple problem but is turning out to be far more complicated than I think it should be. I need to temporarily connect the video output from either of my DVD recorders to a back-up TV, one which has only a coax connector for video input signal and nothing else. Neither of my recorders has a coax video out connector. They only have video out via RCA plug, HDMI cable or composite video. Recorder manufacturers apparently don't think people need coax output connectors anymore.

So, I just need an adapter that will convert a video output from a simple RCA cable with RCA jack to a coax video input connector. So far, the only way I have been able to find to do it is by spending upwards of $40-$60 on something called an RF adapter or converter.

Like I said, this is only going to be a temporary arrangement so I don't want to have to spend more than $10-$15 (if that) to do it. Does anyone know of any quick, easy and inexpensive way to do this? Thanks in advance for any feedback.

·
Registered
456 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott_111 /forum/post/16996687

Thanks for the response. I had thought of that. Unfortunately, I don't *have* an old VCR with line inputs.

Hmmm.... Well, an RF modulator or VCR are the only two options I see here. You could check out a flea market or garage sale for a VCR I guess, people probably have old ones stashed all over the place.

·
Registered
9,938 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott_111 /forum/post/16996687

Thanks for the response. I had thought of that. Unfortunately, I don't *have* an old VCR with line inputs.

Hit up a local pawn shop. They'll sell it for a song just to be rid of it. Or eBay or Craigslist.

·
Registered
5,180 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott_111 /forum/post/16998315

I found an old VCR from a neighbor and hooked it up. Works like a charm!

Yep you can probably find an old VCR around somewhere. Lots of folks probably have them as junk in the garage and would love to get rid of it!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.