AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking about the Panny RV32k for $119 ($99 AR). Any words for or against?

Know anywhere that has it cheaper?

Doesn't need any thing fancy like progrssive, but DVD-R is a major plus. Just gotta be a solid model for a technologically-deficient relative.

Thanks.

·
Banned
3,403 Posts
Best Buy Has one on sale for $57 more your cup of tea? If he were my friend I would buy a Toshiba SD-4800.:)

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just picked the Zenith 216 ($130 at CircuitCity) for a gift, and the RP82 ($206 at OneCall) for myself. I considered the RV32 for the gift but was worried a little by some comments elsewhere about the RV31's durability, and I don't like the Panasonic remote as much. Look at this thread for info including two reviews of the 216 (the latter of which is also complimentary of the RV32):
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...postid=1592549

I saw the RV32 at either CC or BB for $100 this weekend. Panasonics do play WMA if you care (I don't).

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I thought about going the Apex route.... maybe even get a hackable one so he could record movies to videotape (for private use only.... piss off). But I figured he'd use that so rarely anyway... better to get a nicer-looking unit that's more durable.

-AmoebaMan

·
Registered
349 Posts
Check out the JVC's. I gave them as presents last Christmas. They haven't had any problems, nice features. I bought another for a gift this year. The 500BK or some modle like that. Cheers

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.