AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All,

Need help deciding between the Bose Cinemate 130 vs the Bose Cinemate 520. Can't purchase other brands or options so would appreciate your feedback! :)

My dad has the Bose Cinemate 130 at his house and I have to say I am floored by the sound quality of it. Super crisp dialogue, realistic sound effects... it almost sounds like surround... almost. It's very "movie-like" and very impressive!

I also found that there's a Cinemate 520... which is selling for the same price and it appears to be the 5.1 version of the Cinemate 130... the centre speaker has always been important to me in terms of ensuring dialogue is loud enough and balanced. I found that that's true with the Cinemate 130, but I guess looking at the size of the speakers of the 520, I'm doubtful it'd be able to reproduce as well as the 130? That's purely from a visual perspective though.

Bose doesn't post any data around the speakers themselves, so i'm wondering which you would choose between the two options. i'm fine with having wires, so if that's the only advantage of the 130, then the choice is clear.

Which option would be the best for sound quality? Thanks all!

I'm planning to use this in my basement for a home theatre with a projector... so i'll be watching movies and gaming mostly :)

Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
309 Posts
May I inquire why no other brands? Just a starting question as I would pick a whole slew of speakers over bose. Just wondering.

·
Banned
2,765 Posts
I posted my two Martin Logan Vison soundbars in the classifieds at about a 1/3 of the price. They are barely used and probably would wipe the floor with the bose one. If you have a best buy with magnolia center around you they may have them on display so you can hear them.

Basically for the price you could own 2 of the sound bars one for you and one for your dad and still be saving money and getting a better product.

Most would agree with me around here on this one I would think

·
Registered
52 Posts
I think Sams Club and Target carry Bose Cinemates. Let your ears be the judge!

I recently heard one model-unknown Bose "soundbar" at a Target - sounded awesome, and especially so for a situation where "normal" X.1 speaker configs just won't fit, but a lone soundbar would.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts