AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

I just moved into my new condo, and I would like to buy an audio system in the next couple of days. But I want to make sure I buy the right system for me, so I thought I'd ask you guys for some help

My room is 16x11 (open area with kitchen). I have neighbors below and above me. But the condos are well sound-isolated.

The previous owner had a 7.1 setup and he hid the audio cables behind the walls, so I don't mind having a 7.1 setup as well since the cable are already there.

I will mostly use my audio system for console gaming, and some PC gaming. But also for music DVDs (live concerts). And as for my musical tastes, I mostly listen to rock and heavy metal. I'm not a big movie fan.

I don't really care if I can't put the volume very high, but sound quality is very important for me. I have a ~5000$ budget for the amp and speakers.

So any suggestions and/or any tips on what to look for would be very appreciated!

Thank you and have a nice day!

·
Banned
8,744 Posts
With that budget and criteria, I would look into some Ascend Acoustics Sierra speakers for a front stage with some Ascend CBM-170s for surrounds. For subwoofers, I would look into a couple Rythmik F12s or maybe some Emotiva Ultra Sub 12's or some Hsu VTF1s. For the best sound quality, get two subs and place them next to your left and right fronts. There are a lot of good receivers out there, I don't think it matter what you get as long as you stick with a good manufacturer. Try Denon, Marantz, Onkyo, Yamaha, Pioneer, or Harman/Kardon, just to name a few. Make sure you use the room correction feature of your receiver, whether it be Audyssey, YPAO, or MCACC.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts