- 2xWHARFEDALE Diamond 10.2

- WHARFEDALE Diamond 10 CS

- 2xWHARFEDALE Diamond 10 SR

- WHARFEDALE SW150

Polk TSX 330

Polk TSX 110

Polk TSX 150c

Polk PSW 110

WHARFEDALE DX-1 HCP (not sure if these ones are supported by the yamaha as they have 4 ohm impedance)

I have been for a week trying to decide, but I haven't decided yet... Any advice? Anyone has listened to any of them?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I'm thinking I'm going to choose the polks, anyone has listened to them? I have been trying to find reviews, but no luck this far...

·
Registered
1,783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxOsurfer3xX  /t/1503887/need-advice-choosing-5-1-speakers#post_24039110

I'm thinking I'm going to choose the polks, anyone has listened to them? I have been trying to find reviews, but no luck this far...

The TSX line, to me, sounds a little warmer than some of the other Polk lines. I went with the RTI line which is one notch above the TSX's but I really liked the way the TSX330 and 550 sounded (didn't care for the 440 as much but it might not have been set up properly when I heard it). Some people will say the TSX is the updated Monitor series, but it is not. These sound very different in my opinion. I have not heard the Wharfedale's but they get great reviews. I think you will probably be fine with either.

·
Registered
6,308 Posts
fwiw, I'm assuming your from the u.k or other European country with the list you have given. what is a reasonable budget for 5.1 system. how big of a room and how far away from tv do you sit. is this system mainly for tv/movies or will music and gaming be used also

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by smasher50  /t/1503887/need-advice-choosing-5-1-speakers#post_24039139

fwiw, I'm assuming your from the u.k or other European country with the list you have given. what is a reasonable budget for 5.1 system. how big of a room and how far away from tv do you sit. is this system mainly for tv/movies or will music and gaming be used also

Yes, I am European. 400-900 euros but 900 would be pushing it a lot.

70% Movies - 20% gaming - 10% Music

Room is 20 m2. I sit 2m away from my TV.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts