AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi fellows

I have a VS pro 8100 at home with a hdvio focupix screen and when my father in law who has a (sports) bar saw my setup he said he wants one now so I have to buy one this weekend because he presents a UFC event on december 12.

I will buy him the same screen that I have(a supposed 1.3 gain) of 95''.The throw distance will be 11-12'.There is ambient light that we controlled,his bar is real dark there is not much light,is it not really a sports bar but he presents his stuff on 2 tv of 50'' and they are not big enough now.I don't think it may be a good thing to buy a VSpro8100 for the bar,lumens are only 1000 and I think for the ambient light I need more lumens.We don't care about the lamp life

the budget is around 1500$

I found the vspro8100 at 999 online but I like the epson 8350 with 2000 lumens and contrast of 50000:1 for 1299$

do you guys have some recommendations,is the lumens important in my case

thanks

J

·
Banned
2,156 Posts
Epson 8350 hands down best bang for a bar at that $ amount...I would go with an HP screen though...The bulb will get more miles out of it. He can run it at a low setting until the bulb reaches 1000 hrs and then take advantage of the screen in a higher lamp setting when the bulb gets dim.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
so a High power screen would be better....maybe it cost too much,wants to spend a max of 400$ for a motorized screen

as for a lcd 65 thanks for proposing but he really wants a projector + screen,he is in love

so epson 8350 is the leader for now

·
Banned
2,156 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtheman /forum/post/19516750

so a High power screen would be better....maybe it cost too much,wants to spend a max of 400$ for a motorized screen

as for a lcd 65 thanks for proposing but he really wants a projector + screen,he is in love

so epson 8350 is the leader for now

They are not expensive...go here to learn more...
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1060007

1 - 8 of 8 Posts