Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi.

First: some disclaimers... I'm a CRT guy and I try to know everything under the sun about CRT and HTPC. However, I know next to nothing about LCD/DLPs. I'm asking for a friend.

2 friends (Joe Sixpacks) recently expressed their interest in getting an RPTV HDTV and I got into the fray of telling them about FPTV systems instead. After showing them my setup (95" 4:3 - I have a Sony 1272), they are now thinking hard about RPTV vs FPTV. Since both are regular people, I thought going the LCD/DLP route will be better.

Their budget for the HDTV is $2500 - since with an FPTV they need to buy additional stuff (HTPC for decent scaling/deinterlacing and close caption capability, front speakers - instead of using the HDTV speakers, more cables, screen, etc. etc.), they're budgeting $1500 for LCD/DLP.

So, the question in the topic:

What kind/brand/model can be had for $1500 ? Since this will be for Joe Sixpack, I prefer to get something new, or maybe refurb with warranty (instead of getting something used). I'm asking the collective wisdom and brainpower of this forum to help me get these 2 Joe Sixpackers getting into the HT world :).

Thanks a lot in advance.

·
Registered
312 Posts
There are 2 great 1500 projectors, Infocus X1 and Sanyo PLV-Z1 (Studio Experience Matinee). I just ordered the X1.

Check the recent posts and there are threads on both these projectors.

Enjoy!!

patrick

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.