AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried searching and found some info but most recommendations were for superior spec'd projectors than needed. My needs are robustness and long hour life. Its a basic SD analog signal in a reasonably dim room. The screens arent anything fancy and are bright white. Everything is already wired and mounts are already installed I just need advice pointing me towards a good unit that is reasonably cheap.

Also anyone have advice on cleaning screens in a restaurant? They get greasy and attract dirt. Cleaning with standard hot water or mild soap makes them streak badly. Thank you.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatti-man /forum/post/19569416

I tried searching and found some info but most recommendations were for superior spec'd projectors than needed. My needs are robustness and long hour life. Its a basic SD analog signal in a reasonably dim room. The screens arent anything fancy and are bright white. Everything is already wired and mounts are already installed I just need advice pointing me towards a good unit that is reasonably cheap.

Also anyone have advice on cleaning screens in a restaurant? They get greasy and attract dirt. Cleaning with standard hot water or mild soap makes them streak badly. Thank you.

But the problem is not every mount will be suitable for all projectors?

I would recommend you looking at low end business projectors as it seems like you just need a projector for simple purposes, perhaps just background entertainment right? Nothing fancy. There are numerous brands you can look at: Epson, Optoma, NEC, BenQ, Casio, Mitsubishi, etc.

Just to give you a few options to start with:

Optoma TX542 (DLP)

Costs about $680

2800 lumens

3000:1 contrast ratio

29 dB noise level (eco-mode) vs 31 dB normal mode

5000 bulb hours (eco-mode) vs 4000 normal mode

PC less projection

BenQ MX615 (DLP)

Costs about $600

2700 lumens

3000:1 contrast ratio

29 dB noise level (eco-mode) vs 33 dB normal mode

5000 bulb hours (eco-mode) vs 3500 normal mode

PC less projection

Casio XJ-A130 (LED)

Costs about $800

2000 lumens

1800:1 contrast ratio

noise level ????

20,000 bulb hours

Now I haven't seen the Casio in action but I threw it in because it uses LED and has long bulb hours, but the contrast ratio is much lower than the other 2 and is the least brightest out of the 3 so it may be something you should consider. I think the BenQ and the Optoma would be great choices either way, but if bulb hours is your concern, perhaps the Casio. Either way, try to have a look at these before buying them to see which one suits you better

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.