AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hell there - I just received a bose radio as a gift. So no money out of my pocket. Having said that - since this one does not have a built in cd player in it, I was wondering if I should spend the extra 150 to get the one with the cd player in it.

I already have a yamaha ysp 800 soundbar with a cheap denon subwoofer in my bedroom that does a good job a playing music. Would this bose be as good?

Thank you for your input.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I have the bose wave radio/cd player that I received as a birthday present. I like it and think it sounds great, for a clock radio that is. I would say yes, get the cd player for only an extra 150 bucks. It is just nice to have options. There is only a couple of products that I like from Bose, and the clock radio just happens to be one of them.(and if, and only if.....it was a present
)

I don't think it will sound any better than what you have though. It really depends on how many options you want to have.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank you.....well...since it is a gift I don't want to hurt someone's feelings

Bose has an awesome policy - called them adn they siad that they will let me upgrade - no questions asked.....

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
wow...just an update for those who are considering this purchase.

Backgroud - Def Tech Mythos One/Three/Supercube I/Klipsch Slx in one room, yamaha ysp800 in another.

Now this radio, is without a doubt awesome. Amazing sound indeed, BUT BUT BUT - it is not good for the money. For 500 $ - you could certianly do a lot more. Also, I don't know how to describe it - but - while listening to enya - some of the times it almost went flat. As I said, for someone who is not an "audiophile" and wants a sure thing for the money spent....this is it, if money is not the issue that is.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts