AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for some opinions/advice on the difference between the KD36XS955 and KD34XBR960n. I currently have the 960 and have been very happy with the picture etc. Now we are in a larger bedroom and viewing the screen from around 13 ft it seems like we might need a larger screen. I found a 36XS955 used for sale from a private party with extended warranty for $600.00 which might work.

I am wondering if going from the 34" to the 36" will make a big difference in our viewing and also if the picture quality will be as good?

Also is $600.00 seem like a good price for this TV used?

It is such a hassle with the weight of these TVs too just getting them moved which makes me hesitant also. Have they made any decent LCD's yet or maybe I should hold out for one?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
I own the 36 and would recommend it. If you watch a lot of 4:3 programming of course it will be a lot bigger and better especially from 13 feet

For normal HD viewing it will be slightly smaller at 33 inch diag versus 34 - but at that distance it may be time to bite the bullet and go with size versus the director's full width version anyway on most programming

On the 36 inch set just use the zoom and you get a much (versus a lot for 4:3) bigger display with the identical resolution - just the sides are cut off

Seems like a good price

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.