AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, let me start out by saying I have been lurking around the threads here for quite a while getting advice on different topics, but now I am stumped and needing some help.

I just bought a new house and am wanting to set-up a nice audio system for the pool area but I also want to be able to have 5.1 in the living room. I know that most of the 7.2 systems from Pioneer, Onyko, and Denon, etc., all have that capability. But any advice on which system would be better? Looking to stay around the $400-$700 price range for the receiver.

Also, my next question is regarding the wireless streaming of music. I currently have a Zune pass and a windows phone, and I don't want to have to change all that over to iTunes in order to play music. From what I have researched, there is no way to stream directly over the wifi of any of the brands listed above from Zune (either from phone or computer), so do I need to hard wire exterior connections around the pool so that I can control the music for my computer/phone? Or is there a way that I can do that wirelessly with Zune? Although, I wouldn't mind having both a wired input on the patio (for my future TV purchase), as well as a wireless connection phone/PC. Any advice on a good external connection plate would be appreciated as well.

Sorry for being so long winded, but any advice would be appreciated!

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Welcome to the Forum!

For the receiver, there’s not a tremendous difference between them. The way things are these days with complicated menus and 150-page manuals, I’d suggest something user-friendly. Haven’t researched it lately, but in years past Yamaha has been one of the more user-friendly brands.

Regarding the wireless capability, do you really need the source component in hand out on the patio? Exactly what kind of “music controlling” do you need to do out there? Just connect your MP-3 player to your receiver, dial up your play list and hit “Play.” You can wire in a L-pad out on the patio to control the speaker’s volume locally.

Regards,

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.