AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks!

I'm interested in spending probably around $500 for some kick ass audio, but could go a bit higher. I have a macbook and a decent 32 inch samsung tv.

The audio kinda sucks on both, and im totally bewildered by the various types of options for what to buy (sound bar? computer speakers? 5.1 options? yada?)

The wife is not a big fan of wires running around.

It would be amazing to get some advice at what options to look at.

Ideally it would be great to solve the computer and tv audio issues with one product--but definitely open to ideas! Whats the best bang for the buck and what do you recommend? Thanks!!

·
Registered
1,604 Posts

·
Registered
15,835 Posts
Hi folks!

I'm interested in spending probably around $500 for some kick ass audio, but could go a bit higher. I have a macbook and a decent 32 inch samsung tv.

The audio kinda sucks on both, and im totally bewildered by the various types of options for what to buy (sound bar? computer speakers? 5.1 options? yada?)

The wife is not a big fan of wires running around.

It would be amazing to get some advice at what options to look at.

Ideally it would be great to solve the computer and tv audio issues with one product--but definitely open to ideas! Whats the best bang for the buck and what do you recommend? Thanks!!
Much depends if you want to run a Blu-ray player and have an all inclusive home theater type system. Sound bars aren't the way to go if that's what you'd be interested in.

Bump up your budget and add a decent receiver into the mix. $500 total isn't going to get you much these days without severe compromises one way or another. I would suggest a larger TV as well, but that would be in addition.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Much depends if you want to run a Blu-ray player and have an all inclusive home theater type system. Sound bars aren't the way to go if that's what you'd be interested in.

Bump up your budget and add a decent receiver into the mix. $500 total isn't going to get you much these days without severe compromises one way or another. I would suggest a larger TV as well, but that would be in addition.
Zvox

1 - 4 of 4 Posts