AVS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a ceiling mount now and it SUCKS!! I cant keep it in line and find myself adjusting it once or twice a week. I am thinking of building (or buying) a box to set the PJ on its feet unless you guys have some mounts that will work better than the one I have....sorry i cant think of the one I have now (it wasnt expensive).....I have the ben q w5000....ANY suggestions would be appreciated!

·
Mod & Bluray Reviewer
2,603 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb /forum/post/16934899

Cheif Universal with the M at the end for "micro" adjustment.

Best mount made IMO.

Scott

Ditto.

You cant go wrong with a Chief Universal Mount. Its a great quality product and you can keep it installed if/when you upgrade projectors.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Another vote for Universal Cheif Mount. I have my JVC mounted using one + 3" down extension tube. Very sturdy and looks great.

·
Registered
896 Posts
One word: CHIEF!

As has been mentioned already Chief makes outstanding projector mounts. We have the RPA Elite and love it!

Don't waste your money on anything else.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Sherardp guided me towards that mount at another forum. It's great. The flexibility of the mount means that if you ever change PJs with a lens on one side, vs in the center, it can be adjusted for. Adjusting pitch, yaw, and roll are very easy, and intuitive.

The accompanying pipe is cool for someone with a retroreflective screen like me, since you can raise or lower it in accordance with the bulb's life.

OTOH, if the length is going to be fixed, you can save a lot by having a piece of pipe cut at a hardware store.

I made the dumb mistake of screwing in the pipe into the wrong side of the piece that goes on the ceiling. So I stripped it a tad, but it's in and not going anywhere.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts