AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone,

I need some advice on setting up a 2 Channel Audio Setup for my beach house. We currently have a really old setup and the amp in the receiver just recently gave out. I'm not looking to spend a fortune but I do want something fairly good. We already have speakers that are plenty loud so I'm just looking to replace the receiver/amp...

I saw that Onkyo has an amp but I'm not sure if I would need that if I bought a 2 channel receiver...

I've done a good amount of home theater setups for friends but never a 2 channel setup so if anyone can give me some advice or sample setups I would really appreciate it.

Thanks,

Mike

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Which speakers do you have?

If you purchase a 2 ch. receiver for a 2 ch. audio setup, you will not need the Onkyo amp.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can't remember which speakers they are, but they are floor standing ones - possibly Sharp - and they sound great even when blasted with the old stereo...

Mike

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
I'd just get any of the name brand receivers on the market that is similar in power rating to your previous receiver. I doubt if you would be able to hear the difference between any of them, be it Onkyo, Yamaha, Sherwood etc etc etc. They can be had from anywhere between 150 to 250 dollars.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts