·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What i want to put together is equipment for music which i can use to either:

-Listen music at home (Good quality)

-Use at parties (Good power)

Here's my idea of the setup:

I already have the Behringer mixer and the Acer Laptop.

What i need is amplifier and speakers. My idea at first was a used amplifier with speakers built by me. The thing is today i came across an LQP amplifier which costs very little and has lots of power(Costs less than the used receivers like 20 year old Technics or JVC). Since i already have the mixer, the both should quite a team i thought.

What are your opions about the setup?

DIY Speakers or store speakers (The power should be at 100-120w per channel)?

How is the quality going to be?

Used receiver(Less than 80w) or this LQP amp?

Am i going in the right direction?

Thanks for your time!

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
What you’re proposing should work fine. An amplifier with a couple hundred watts should be all you need. You might want to consider a decent quality USB sound card though; the ones built into computers can be poor quality – often they roll out the lowest bass frequencies. It’s impossible to comment on the quality of any DIY speakers. They can be spectacular or dreadful, depending on how much you spend, how well you can design and build them, etc.

Regards,

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I finally bought the amplifier and tested it with my brother's sony tower loudspeakers. It sounds very nice.

I have to get a USB sound card because the one on my laptop is full of distortions. When there's no music there's lots of static.

Can anyone recommend a good usb sound card for a maximum of 50$?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.