AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Look for advice on what to look for when buying used speakers. I have the opportunity to pick up some used Polk speakers and am seriously considering it.

Front 2 x RT35

Rear 2 x RT25

Center CS245

Is it generally considered good or bad to buy older speakers? What should I be on the lookout for? I will see and hear them before buying, but I'm not sure if buying used speakers is a big no-no. I think these speakers are 3 years old. I'll be running them with an HK AVR525.

Thanks,

RSG

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Buying used speakers are a great way to save money, however, be aware that some sellers do not exactly state the condition of the speakers. I once bought a pair of Dynaudio Contour 1.3 for $1000 used (4 years old) and when I got it, I noticed that there were holes on the bottom of the speakers (he did not mention) for mounting.

James

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
Seeing and hearing them first is a BIG PLUS!!!

Make sure they aren't damaged, turn up the volume a bit and play the speakers one at a time to listen for rattles or distortion.

In general, I'm a big fan of buying good condition used gear from reputable sellers, including speakers. Great way to build a nice system at bargain prices.

Tom B.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.